Jacqueline Fernandez : Up, close and personal. HQ pics

Jacqueline Fernandez : Up, close and personal.. If you haven't already noticed.. there is new beauty in Bollywood. The name is Jacqueline Fernandez.

This beauty has been recently discovered by "Aladin" movie producers. Well, don't just go by her beauty.. because she comes with amazing array of skills including a TV reporter. She competed in Miss Universe 2006. She has worked as an anchorwoman on one of Sri Lanka's business programs called "Lanka Business Report". She also writes a weekly column for a national newspaper, the "Daily mirror". Her interview follows below after these amazing pics.

Jacqueline Fernandez "Aladin" Actress in Bikini


Jacqueline Fernandez stars in hindi movie Aladin in 2009 directed by Sujoy Gosh. She hails from the island nation of Sri Lanka. She was born on 2nd June, 1985. She is half Malaysian and half Srilankan. She was crowned Miss Sri Lanka in 2006 and contested for Miss Universe.
"The noblest kind of beauty is the one that slowly filters into the mind. Its not about physical beauty anymore. It is how you radiate your beauty from within and how effective it is to someone," she adds enthusiastically.


Bikini - Jacqueline Fernandez


"To be a beauty queen title holder you've got to feel like a queen inside you. You have to feel for your country. That is the main idea of going for an international pageant because you are acting as an ambassador for your country then. You have to do it with confidence grace and charm, and not forgetting the intellect," she goes on to explain.

Beautiful Actress Jacqueline Fernandez


"Aladin" Actress Jacqueline Fernandez


Bollywood Actress Jacqueline Fernandez


Jacqueline Fernandez - Miss SriLanka 2006


Jacqueline Fernandez - Miss SriLanka 2006 - in Miss Universe contest


Jacqueline reveals how she will use her title as Ms. Sri Lanka 2006 to champion the causes dearest to her heart.

Q) What motivated you to take part in Ms. Sri Lanka 2006?
A) One of the main reasons why I considered joining the Ms. Sri Lanka contest was to further my humanitarian goals in life. I am very keen on working on women's issues and children's issues and the title gives me a lot of new opportunities to create awareness, raise funds and do a lot in these areas.

Q) You will reign as the most sort-after woman in the island for the next year. How will you use this title to serve the causes close to your heart?
A) The title would be a gateway to really raise the level of the Ms. Sri Lanka pageant as a whole, and it will give opportunities to be more involved in charity work. I am keen on women's issues, and this being a competition that revolves around women and celebrating women, I hope to use my skills as a motivational speaker and talk to women and empower them. A major issue facing women is gender based violence, mainly because women are not aware of their rights. So I want to use my tenure to help eradicate gender violence.

Q) You have been chosen to represent Sri Lanka at Ms. Universe 2006, in Bangkok. How confidant are you about facing this challenge?
Well I have only two and a half months to prepare. But I did a lot of preparations on Ms Sri Lanka. And of cause I am quite confident and you need to believe in your self. For me it is about representing my country and showcasing its uniqueness in a world stage. So I've been reading up a lot because you need to be updated on current affairs, national and international issues. Knowing your country inside out is also really important and having lived abroad, this is definitely something I need to focus on.

Q) In neighboring India for instance, you have complete courses and finishing schools to train contestants for beauty pageants? Do you see that level of support for our own contestants? How should we improve are competitiveness to succeed in a world stage?
Unfortunately we are not as sophisticated as India. One reason for that is because we only held a Ms. Sri Lanka for Ms. Universe pageant for the first time in 8 years last year. . However, I have noticed that we have been given a lot of support by various people. But if we are to compete more effectively, the contestants have to be given an all-round training from beauty to exercise to public speaking. Sri Lanka doesn't really offer those facilities. You got to be prepared and be confident.

Q) Some feminists and other groups accuse that beauty pageants are degrading to the perception of women. What do you feel about this?
According to my experience beauty pageants are very competitive and require a lot of hard work and mental strength to win. Sometimes you might see women who give silly answers but that is because they are not confidant enough and not prepared. That's why they flounder. But if you look at the winners they are very intelligent young women. They know a lot about issues etc. In true beauty pageants we celebrate womanhood. It empowers women.

Q) What are your personal ambitions?
I want to pursue a degree in Political Science and I'd like to join the BBC or CNN and get involved with international political broadcasting

Q) Tell me a little about your self.
Well I grew up in Bahrain and I enjoy horse riding. I love cooking as well and my grandma taught me everything I need to know in the kitchen. I am also an animal lover and a member of the Animal Welfare Protection Agency (AWPA). I also volunteer at the Sevana Children's orphanage. I work as an English teacher there and I want to organize an art exhibition for them. Although they are physically disabled kids they are talented as artists

Q) What do you do currently?
Well I have a degree in Mass Communication from the University of Sydney and I present the Lanka Business Report.

Q) How would you like to be remembered?
Well, I'd like to be remembered as someone who really tried her best for her country and what she truly believed in and never gave up on her passions. Also, as someone who can make people realize that dreams do come true. I believe that you shouldn't look at things in the way they are and ask why but rather you should dream of things that never were there and ask why not?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails