All eyes on Salman Khan's VEER

VEER releases on 22nd January. The team of Eros International’s Veer has been looking forward to this day with great anticipation as the mega project finally hits the big screens across the country. Salman, who has an eye for spotting talent, will introduce Zarine Khan in his dream project. And the newbie is glad that mentor Salman’s dream project has materialised so well. The film is set in 1875 and is based on the love story of a warrior, who leads his clan of the fearless Pindhari warriors, who refused to surrender to the British Empire.



Salman says, “Veer can be called my most awaited film till date. I wanted to direct a film on this subject. My biggest fear for Veer was that my father had asked me not to make this film! But when he finally saw the end result, he came out saying ‘It’s outstanding’. Speaking about the film, director Anil Sharma says, “I had approached Salman for another film, but he discussed Veer with me. Salman has lived the character of Veer for 20 years. I was so inspired by his vision and enthusiastic narration that I felt I had to be a part of this project.” Producer Vijay Galani was extremely excited to have Salman playing a fearless warrior. “I took up Veer as a dream, not just to make a good film and recover our investment, but to make India’s biggest film, to take Bollywood to a very new level and have Salman as a ferocious warrior.”




Zarine plays Princess Yashodhara, who’s head-over-heels in love with Veer in the movie. In real life, too, Zarine can’t stop singing praises of her hero. “I remember the first time I met him on the sets of Yuvvraj, I had asked him for an autograph. While signing the autograph he told me ‘Sweetheart, now you’ll sign autographs for the world’. I was stumped. Later I got to know that I was selected for Veer,” she gushes.

Salman took great interest in the making of the film. Speaking about his helpful ways, Zarine says, “Salman taught me a lot of things. He never threw starry tantrums. I had heard that he gets angry quickly, but that’s not true. He’s a genuine person. There would be times when I would not get a shot right, but he never yelled at me. He would explain the shot in great detail and show me how to do it. He is perfect for the role. He is the perfect warrior.” Looks like with his princess by his side, warrior Salman is all set to win the box office battle once again.

1 comment:

Auto909 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts with Thumbnails