Sonam Kapoor Candid Interview and Latest Photos

Sonam Kapoor Interview. Sonam Kapoor Latest Pictures. Blessed with a classic yet modern Indian face, the surreal beauty describes herself as "a young, happy-golucky, well-read working girl, who likes to work hard and have fun meeting people."

Sonam Kapoor makes no bones about the fact that she is a feminist, "I believe in standing up for my rights. I have been brought up in a very modern environment and treated equally by my father."

IMG : Sonam Kapoor Hot Images


IMG : Sonam Kapoor sexy Photos


IMG : Sonam Kapoor HQ images



Sonam Kapoor claims to have been treated as an equal, it is surprising that unlike her male counterparts (read star sons) Sonam Kapoor was not launched within the home production with fanfare as is the norm in Bollywood for star-daughters.

Sonam Kapoor believes in embracing her fear. She goes up and down the elevator of the 38-storeyed hotel building during her stay abroad till she controls fright totally. "I am claustrophobic about lifts. It is really scary when you see them crashing down in movies. But fear exists only in the mind," reasons Sonam Kapoor, whose infectious laughter rings for long in your ears.

Having found a foothold in the industry, Sonam Kapoor is finally doing the film Aisha for her father Anil Kapoor's production. But she’s quick to point out, "My father is not making a movie for me, he is making the movie because he believes in the script. If he had to do a film for me, he would have launched me four years ago. "

That’s Sonam Kapoor, an instinctive performer, who has no qualms in accepting, "I am no underdog. I am Anil Kapoor’s daughter. I was born with a silver spoon."

Says the girl with a rebellious streak, "We discuss movies and acting, but ultimately the decision is mine. My dad doesn’t want me to blame him for my choices."

IMG : Sonam Kapoor HQ latest photos and wallpapers images


IMG : Sonam Kapoor HQ latest photos and wallpapers images



Both Sonam Kapoor films, Saawariya and Delhi 6, failed to make an impression at the box-office whereas two of her contemporaries, Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone, figure in the A-list. At this, Sonam digs into the cup full of corn, and shakes her head vigorously in disagreement. "I think I’m fairly successful at my age. Instant success is always palpable whereas mine is a lot of hard work. I have been recognised for my acting more than anything else, not as a fashion icon or a hit film girl. I don’t wish to be arm candy," Sonam Kapoor says.

Aisha is close to my heart because I play the main protagonist, Emma, and I had a beautiful time discovering who she is. In I Hate Luv Storys, I play a character similar to who I am," explains the actor.

And what about the real life love story? "I’m very romantic and my favourite is the American movie, Love Story. But, unfortunately, I’m not seeing anyone. It may sound clichéd, but there is actually no time," Sonam giggles.

The peppy actor, Sonam Kapoor, known as a ‘passionate fashionista’ believes she would be acting all her life. "It’s a wrong stand to take that I’m going to be acting only for 10 years because the top actresses last that long. If you are truly an actor, then you should say that ‘I hope I can act for the rest of my life and maybe I won’t be a leading heroine, but I will do some good, meaty, beautiful, amazing roles’. Look at Kajol post-motherhood, Meryl Streep, Audrey Hepburn," says Sonam.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails